Monday, March 17, 2014

BLOG RETOOL!

Well this last year I got pretty busy with work and so my personal projects kind of got left in the dirt. However, over the last couple of months, my day job hours have eased off a bit and I'm finally ready to get to that long list of projects I've been sitting on.

So while this site that was meant for documenting and showing off work created by myself and my talented chums through "House of Ten Productions", it actually turned into a blog updated once a year to countdown to Christmas.

SO, that said... time to steer this site BACK to it's intended purpose, and hopefully get busy enough with House of Ten projects to be updating A LOT.

I suppose I'm trying to take a cue from the two guys heading this whole project I'm on at Nitrogen, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.


The amount of shit these two have going on at the same time is crazy and inspiring. These two are currently at the point in their careers that they COULD take it easy, but instead seem to be working harder.  I guess when you've reached that point when you can get almost any idea you have put into production, you take advantage of the situation.

That said, we are obviously NOT in that situation. But just because people aren't clawing over each other to throw money at House of Ten projects, doesn't mean they can't get done. It's just going to take a little longer. And just because no one is wanting to bankroll getting our projects to screen, it doesn't mean we can't do as much of the pre-production as possible on our own.


So House of Ten's new mission statement is simple: Follow the lead of two stoners from Point Grey that made it, and work our collective asses off to get our own stuff made. It's very similar to "fake it til we make it"

No comments: